Monday, April 6, 2009

VERT's Gen 1 Old Skool SS Trailstar

This is my Gen 1 Trailstar built up old school styles.
I picked up the frame as a complete bike in 2008 for something like $250.

I striped the parts off and got the frame Sand blasted and Powder coated orange. Next I striped the forks down, serviced them and painted the lowers matching orange. I needed to create some decals for the Forks and got some new DMR decals for the frame.

I have built the bike up trying to retain and old school type look.
The bike is built up with with a DMR SS revolver hub, Hope front, Mavic rims. Hope Mini Brakes - I love the machining and detail on these, Rockshox Reba Forks, XT Cranks and various other bits.

I am running a 32:18 ratio and the bike pedals and handles like a dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment